1. Identity and client account
The LancerMe community is combined and consists of professionals from around the world. To maintain a high-quality marketplace for all project owners (Clients) identity information associated with a LancerMe User Account must be real and verifiable.
- Only one user per account, and one account per user—accounts should not be shared or duplicated in any way.
- Your logo should be appropriate for a professional, global community.
- Your profile should not mislead or falsely imply a relationship with another company.
Great work begins with a great job post. Effective posts are professional, written in English, and accurately describe the services requested.
All job posts must adhere to these policies:
- Posts may not share or solicit direct contact information prior to interview.
- Jobs must be free of offensive language and advertisements.
- Posting the same job multiple times is prohibited.
- Requesting a service that is illegal or violates intellectual property rights, copyrights or the terms of service of another service, product or website is prohibited.
- Requesting free work of any kind is prohibited, including contests in which freelancers submit work with no to very little pay, and only the winning submission is paid the full amount.
- Requesting a fee in order to apply or bid is strictly prohibited.
- Job may not transmit any content related to or containing any adult or sexually explicit material.
- Requesting the creation of content that violates academic integrity is prohibited.
- Jobs must be free of spams content.
Disagreements occasionally arise in every marketplace, both online and off. On LancerMe, clients may dispute time worked on hourly contracts during the four days following the close of a weekly invoice period (review period starts on Sunday at noon GMT+4 until Thursday midnight GMT+4).
The most common reasons for disputes include:
- Manual time billed without approval
- Low activity levels or insufficient work memos as tracked by the Time Tracker
- Screenshot reflects activity not associated with the work being billed
Just as with a traditional employee, only the time worked—not the quality of the work—is up for dispute. Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with our official dispute process.
Soliciting or processing payment outside of LancerMe is prohibited for the safety and security of all LancerMe users. If a freelancer solicits work to be done and paid for outside of the LancerMe platform, please report them immediately.
Feedback that is honest and objective contributes to a vibrant and productive workplace. The best feedback focuses on the facts, while providing helpful information to both the recipient and the community as a whole.
We do not monitor, censor, or investigate feedback. However, on very rare occasions, we may delete ratings and feedback found to violate our User Agreement or the content guidelines below. Attempts to falsify feedback, manipulate, or coerce another user by threatening negative feedback are strictly prohibited, as is any offer to sell or buy services in exchange for positive feedback.
Feedback containing the following types of content may be removed or edited:
- Spam, advertising or other commercial content
- Content that endorses illegal activity
- Content that personally identifies another user
- Political, religious, or social commentary rather than a genuine comment regarding the work experience
- Profane, vulgar, obscene, slanderous, libelous, threatening or discriminatory language, or adult material